[ft-l] Thanks to the Maintainers

Deb Blick dblick at floridatrail.org
Wed Dec 30 16:21:30 CST 2009

The "designated campsite" is about 50 feet off the blue-blazed trail leading up to the 49th Ave Trailhead and there is (or was) a fire ring there.  However, the campsite only has room for 1 (maybe squeeze two) tents and is built on a hillside so you would slide downhill all night long.  Far better to pick up water from the trailhead and camp just a little to the east of the blue-blaze.  At the top of a short but steep and eroded hill there is a nice flat area in the scrub oaks just to the north of the trail.

Deb