[ft-l] Thanks to the Maintainers

bluetrail at aol.com bluetrail at aol.com
Wed Dec 30 13:59:21 CST 2009

JThree of us are just back from a tiny little 2.5 day backpack on the Cross-Florida Greenway portion of the FT (SR 484 to the Land Bridge Trailway).  The trail was in great shape, and we had a wonderful time.  Thanks to all of you who've cleared the path and marked the blazes.

Our only question was that we thought there was a designated campsite very close to the 49th Street underpass, but we couldn't find anyplace with a fire ring.  Jon followed the blue blazes all the way to the parking area, but didn't find a fire ring.  We camped anyway and had a great, but cold (below 32 as our water froze) night.

Incidentally, there was a pile of bear scat right at the highest point of the land bridge!

Joan