[ft-l] External Active Amplified Antenna for Garmin Field Units

Joe Dabes kabjnd at msn.com
Sat Dec 19 07:16:58 CST 2009

Several have asked me which external antenna I use with my Garmin GPSmap 60CSx.  It is a Gilsson active amplified antenna that you can purchase for $19.95 (+S/H) directly from Gilsson at: http://www.gilsson.com/garmin_gps/antennas/mcx.htm<http://www.gilsson.com/garmin_gps/antennas/mcx.htm>.  So cheap that I bought two of them with 3 ft cable and 90 degree connector.

Note the review hot links on the right side of this web page.  This antenna pulls in more satellites (as it is more amplification gain) than a similar (but more expensive) Garmin external antenna.

Java Joe