[Cdt-l] Lower routes Around the San Juans?

Doug Carlson doug-sue71 at comcast.net
Fri Feb 24 18:37:17 CST 2012

Is there a lower route to follow from Cumbres Pass up to Creede that
doesn't have a lot of road walking?  From Creede, up over the saddle of San
Louis Peak is an area I don't want to miss and I would hope I could pick up
the CDT near San Louis Pass coming up out of Creede and up over the saddle
and down into the Cochetopa Hills.

I am not going to be packing crampons or an ice axe- just trekking poles.

I need to go dig out my map for that area......

Baby boomers on the trails- everyone watch out- we are coming!

-Trew