[Cdt-l] Lima, MT to Darby/Silas, MT

bcss at bresnan.net bcss at bresnan.net
Wed Feb 15 16:27:36 CST 2012

That's a lot of miles with some gnarly hiking in spots.  Segment 5, once you
leave the road after coming out of Lima has lots of ups and downs and it
totally whipped me.  (The old guidebook calls it "moderate", but my body
thought otherwise.)  Segment 6 was rated "strenuous " and it is.  Ditto for
Segment 11.  Those areas will not be really high mileage days.

Segment 11 is one of my favorites in Montana.  Really nice, kind of like the
San Juans.  We were in there last August and there was still quite a bit of
snow in the high spots.

I think I would go to Leadore, spend a night, and break it in half.

best wishes,

Jerry Brown

(970) 403-3527    Cell: (970) 749-0496

 <mailto:bcss at bresnan.net> mailto:bcss at bresnan.net