[cdt-l] Does using GPS diminish the experience?

Paul Magnanti pmags at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 26 12:14:31 CST 2006

This type of discussion ends up being what I call
"Thru-hiker angels on the head of a pin". Something
that is only discussed on hiking forums and is
theoretical. :)

In reality, whether you take a GPS or don't take a GPS
is not going to diminish your experience. Take one,
don't take one.

The kind of experience you have on the the trail is
what you put into the hike. The sunsets are still
awesome, the remoteness of the trail is still
wonderful, the journey is still rewarding.

Just enjoy the hike one way or another. I did not take
a GPS, friends of mine did. All of us had one hell of
an experience.