[cdt-l] New Thru-hiker Questions (roadwalking, maps, GPS, ice axes)

Jonathan Ley jonathan at phlumf.com
Tue Dec 19 20:54:20 CST 2006

I second most of the last response. As for the GPS antennae, I don't think
you'd need that. Most of the time on the CDT, you'll be able to get a clear
shot to the sky... or won't have too walk far to get one.

There are "overview" maps included with my other maps. While I realize these
aren't perfect - especially for trail navigation - it's at least something,
and will give you a bigger picture view. I think some people don't bother
printing them out, or don't notice they're there, or... I'm not sure really.
Regardless, the detail on these can be hard to read. 11x17 paper & printers
are getting more common, and can be one solution to reading fine print.

-Jonathan