[cdt-l] CDT pics posted

Paul Magnanti pmags at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 14 16:02:02 CST 2006

--- Ginny & Jim Owen <spiritbear2k at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Nice pictures.
>
> I'm curious, where did you pick up the CDT signs in
> southern NM?  They were

Thanks for the kind words! The one of you and Jim came
out pretty well if I do say so.. (Remember the day
well. Man..good memories).

Anyway, that marker is about 25-30 miles before you
hit antelope wells. Around that area, there was a dirt
road across the way with a carsonite post. A CDT
symbol faced towards the dirt road, but not towards
the main road (the Antelope Wells route).

If I had maps with the updated route, suspect may have
taken it. As I had friends picking me up, did not know
how to give directions   As I said, next time! :D
Finishing at Antelope Wells was rather nice in that
there were quiet a few objects for photo ops.
Also, for me, finishing at the furthest end of New
Mexico seemed appropriate. Other than Wyo and a small
part of CO, may hike was pretty much by myself.

Other SoBos finished at the newer terminus and said it
was rather fitting, too. (Barbed wire fence, a
marker!).

Te beauty of the trail..plenty of options for all!