[cdt-l] cdt-l Digest, Vol 38, Issue 10

Sam Haraldson samh at samh.net
Wed Dec 6 09:34:50 CST 2006

> ...CDTA are making an "official map" to make guide books and maps to
> sell for profit.

A trail organization making a profit!  Hey, I'm all for it.  In my
opinion guidebooks are a nice way to get the whole feel for a trail.
I'm planning a PNT hike next year and have read through Ron
Strickland's guide twice.  The PNT is more of a route than a trail
such as the CDT and having a guidebook (paired with proper topos) will
make navigation smoother.  Staying on course will allow me to enjoy my
surroundings rather than constantly playing the I'm lost and worried
game.